KDC is always pleased to hear from people who share our values and would like to develop a career in our exciting and growing company.
If you are interested in exploring career opportunities please register your CV with us by emailing KDC
Role: Bid and Marketing Assistant
Responsibilities: KDC are a UK market leader in Decommissioning, Demolition and Land Remediation, prioritising in the safe delivery of projects and helping our customers realise value from their assets.
KDC delivers decommissioning, demolition and environmental services to an impressive list of clients across the UK and Europe such as Sellafield, Magnox, GlaxoSmithKline and BP.
We are looking for a high calibre bid and marketing assistant to become a key contributor to winning work across our nuclear, process, energy, utilities and industrial business sectors.
You will perform the key role covering the end-to-end bid process. This will involve the development and coordination of written proposals with input from sales and technical teams. It is important that all documentation is client focussed high quality and delivered on time.
The role will be extremely varied so requires a proactive and very well organised individual.
- Using Microsoft Office to create high-quality proposal documents, including coordinating, writing and editing content (text and graphics), designing graphics, proof-reading/quality checking and document production.
- Take an active role in bid kick-off and review meetings, to engage the appointed bid team in developing winning themes and USPs for the submission. Coordinating discussion around our understanding of the client requirements, potential competitors, SWOT analysis and development of bid straplines and winning themes.
- Production of high quality (PowerPoint, InDesign) presentations when required.
- Building and developing relationships with internal contributors.
- Commitment to championing best practice across the business.
- Responsible for collating, formatting, printing and sending of bids from applying to OJEU notices to compiling best and final offers.
- Searching bid store and helping to complete documents with this information.
- Maintaining, printing and distributing marketing material.
- Assisting with completing, formatting and printing of standard prequalification documents.
- Maintaining high quality and up to date bid material and templates to continuously improve the quality and success of future submissions.
- Arranging site visits for technical teams during the tender period.
- Maintaining resources calendar.
Governance and compliance:
- Ensuring review of the technical and commercial aspects of the bid.
- Ensuring quality of proposals and other client facing documentation.
- Ensuring quality standards are maintained and improved where necessary.
- Ensuring that bids produced adhere to agreed standards and procedures.
- Ensuring timely delivery of compliant bids.
- Assisting in the administration the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Website development and general online presence (inc Social Media).
- Development of new marketing literature (e.g. capability documents, case studies).
- Respond to general bid, sales and marketing tasks as required.
- Helping with the design/format of all material, updating new material to the agreed format.
- Good standard of written English.
- High level working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Experience in the development of high quality written work.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to integrate into a diverse team.
- Construction, demolition, engineering or marketing background.
- Knowledge of the general demolition or construction related environment.
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite.
- A-level (or equivalent) in English.
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent).
NFDC Region: North West
If this role is of interest, please forward your CV to:
Martin O'Donnell, KDC Contractors Ltd, Sharston Green Business Park, 1 Robeson Way, Manchester, M22 4SW
or register your CV with us by emailing KDC