KDC is a specialist in decommissioning in its chosen markets which include Nuclear, Energy and Natural Resources, Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical, Utillities and Industrial.
We provide turnkey solutions from initial surveys and characterisation, through decontamination, dismantling, recycling/resale, segregation to packaging and appropriate disposal.
KDC people have proven technical and management capabilities aligned to the scope of the project. We have an impeccable safety record in the most demanding and challenging environments.
Our project delivery strategy is defined by the customers’ requirements and in accordance with KDC’s Integrated Management System (IMS) which:
- Is compliant with and approved to ISO 9001 & 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Fulfils requirements of BS 6187 Demolition Code of Practice, Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, IRR99 and RSA 93
KDC’s Characterisation, Decontamination & Demolition methodology:
- Is based upon mechanical means wherever practicable
- Uses manual intervention only within safe and stable environment
- Uses trained, experienced and security cleared staff
- Overall strategy is to decommission the facility in a manner that keeps manual intervention to a minimum
Decommissioning operations require a thorough and accurate assessment of facility conditions followed by the definition of the precise decommissioning strategy. A risk based approach is used to control initial plant investigations and subsequent control and execution of the works.
This approach has ensured our decommissioning projects are executed to the highest safety, health and environmental standards and to programme, cost and quality.
We work with Magnox, Sellafield, AWE, Research Sites Restoration Limited (RSRL), BP, Chevron, Exxon, Dow, Croda, Wales & West Utilities, Scottish Power, SSE and many other blue chip organisations.
KDC case studies can be found here