Soil Treatment Centre
KDC intends to operate a tax free soil treatment center in Scotland. This will be SEPA approved with all relevant licences in place, applications are currently being progressed.
The KDC facility will treat soils contaminated with a wide range of industrial contaminants such as hydrocarbons (petrol, diesel, oils) and heavy metals.
Soils that are classed as hazardous waste can be treated for reuse within the KDC planned development, thus removing contaminants and avoiding landfill disposal and associated taxes.
This soil treatment centre will provide our customers with distinct commercial and environmental benefits, for example:
- Highest quality environmental and safety standards audited and licensed by SEPA
- 100% reuse of contaminated soils to eliminate landfill tax payments
- Range of contaminants treated using sustainable treatment methods
- All materials retained on site
- Reduced project costs
- Reduced environmental impact
- Good transport access
- Fully compliant with WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme)