Sectors that we serve include nuclear; Energy and natural resources, process; Pharmaceutical, utility and industrial markets, mainly in the UK and Ireland.
We offer turnkey solutions from initial surveys and characterisation through decontamination, dismantling, recycling/resale, and segregation to packaging and disposal.
Our team has proven technical and management capabilities aligned to the project. We have an impeccable safety record in the most demanding and challenging environments.
We build our project delivery strategy from the customers’ requirements and following KDC’s Integrated Management System (IMS) which:
- Complies with and approved to ISO 9001 & 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Fulfils requirements of BS 6187 Demolition Code of Practice, Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, IRR99 and RSA 93
KDC’s characterisation, decontamination & demolition methodology:
- Uses mechanical means wherever possible
- Practices manual intervention only within a safe and stable environment
- Uses trained, experienced and security cleared staff
- The overall strategy is to decommission the facility in a manner that keeps manual intervention to a minimum
Decommissioning operations need a thorough and precise assessment of facility conditions together with defining the decommissioning strategy. A risk-based approach is used to control the initial plant investigations and the future control and execution of the works.
This approach has ensured that we execute our Decommissioning Decontamination Dismantling Disposal projects to the highest safety, health and environmental standards and programme, cost and quality.
We work with Magnox, Sellafield, AWE, Research Sites Restoration Limited (RSRL), BP, Chevron, Exxon, Dow, Croda, Wales & West Utilities, Scottish Power, SSE, and many other blue-chip organisations.